Thursday, January 14, 2010

Basketball


Basketball is a team sport in which two teams of 5 players try to score points in a small ring.Each player have a position.The position is 1.point guard: usually the fastest player on the team, organizes the team's offense by controlling the ball and making sure that it gets to the right player at the right time.
2.shooting guard: creates a high volume of shots on offense and guards the opponent's best perimeter player on defense.
3.small forward: often primarily responsible for scoring points via cuts to the basket and dribble penetration.
4.power forward: plays offensively often with his back to the basket on defense he plays under the basket (in a zone defense) or against the opposing power forward (in man-to-man defense)
5.center: uses height and size to score on offence and protect the basket closely on defence and try to take rebound.
Me i am a center because i am very tall so it's easy for me to take rebound.I started play basketball at ten years old but I took a break in secondary 4.
I have two practises by week and I got 12 games by seasons.
Basketball is one of my favorite sports because it's a team sport and you need endurance and power.

193 words

No comments:

Post a Comment